Up to $68,000 in 奖学金 & 金融援助
Both on-campus and virtual auditions and portfolio reviews are being offered. Generous scholarships are being awarded so apply today!
Apply for a 美术 Scholarship
100% of Traditional Undergraduate 学生 Receive 金融援助
The decision to attend college is a decision to invest in your future and 大学的朋友 is definitely worth the investment.
Scholarship Audition Days
Consider attending a Scholarship Audition Day w在这里 you can meet with faculty, see a showcase performance, attend a student panel and more. If you prefer, a virtual participation option is available.
Audition with 美术
Audition for your role in fine arts performances and get connected with the 大学的朋友 美术 department.
Requirements for 试镜 in Dance, Drama, Music and Portfolio Reviews in the Visual 艺术s
Please prepare the listed requirements:
- 艺术 & 沟通学生 must provide a portfolio or samples of their work for studio, 图形, media or visual communications. Such samples may include: concept 草图, 图纸, 效果图, 绘画, 照片, 雕塑, 陶瓷, 图形设计, 网页设计, 多媒体的使用, 数字视频, film or multimedia selections, scripts or storyboard art, 等. 考虑. The portfolio may be in the form of a book, high resolution digital images, and/or website.
- 小舞学生 auditioning for a dance minor will need to prepare a 2-minute dance solo in ballet, tap or jazz to present.
- 剧院学生 auditioning in this area should plan to present a memorized, 1- to 2-minute contemporary dramatic or comic monologue, a piece from a published play or a piece from a recent forensics competition. This should be presented in your natural voice without dialects. 另外, you may present a recent, pre-recorded unit of a dramatic or comic monologue or scene which primarily features you. A secondary, contrasting contemporary monologue may also be requested by the attending faculty.
For technical theatre or theatrical design, students must provide a portfolio or samples of their work. Such samples may include: 图纸, 草图, 照片, diagrams or documents which represent their artistic skills in scenery, 建设, 绘画, 照明, 服装, 道具, publicity or makeup design, as well as prompt books, production-related records or paperwork 考虑. The portfolio may be in the form of a book, CD, DVD and/or website.
For 音乐剧院 virtual auditions, requirements can be found 在这里.
- 法医学还是辩论为取证, students will present a 2-4 minute performance selection or cutting they have competed with previously, or similar to those used in competition.
辩论, students will present a 3-5 minute affirmative or negative position argument section on a current topic, or similar to those used in competition.
- 音乐剧院学生 auditioning in this area should plan to present a memorized, 1-minute contemporary dramatic or comic monologue from a published play and a 16-32 bar cut from the musical theatre genre. 学生 must be prepared to participate in a dance call
Requirements for 试镜 in Music
Please prepare the listed requirements for music:
- 直言不讳的A prepared solo for your voice type. You may bring your own accompanist or one will be provided for you. Be sure to bring a copy of your music. All vocalists will audition in both vocal and choral areas. During the choral audition, singers will be asked to vocalize to demonstrate vocal range and quality. In addition, you will also be asked to demonstrate tonal memory and sight reading skills.
- Keyboard (Piano/Organ)A memorized piece from the standard classical keyboard literature.
A representative technical work, such as a scale (3 octaves), exercise, or etude.
- Brass, Woodwinds, PercussionA passage from a solo, etude, or KMEA audition music.
A piece from your band music.
If you play in jazz band, bring KMEA audition music or a piece from your jazz folder..
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Classical Double BassOne major and one minor scale of your choice (for people who intend to major in music: 3 octaves for violin/viola/cello, 低音2个八度)
A solo work of your choice
An etude or an orchestral excerpt, e.g. from a youth symphony audition or KMEA/District orchestra audition (optional)
- 爵士低音Walking Bb and F blues changes
Solo over Bb or F blues changes
One standard jazz piece of your choice from the following list:
所有的蓝调, 你的一切, 酒与玫瑰的日子, 青海豚街, 月亮有多高, 只是朋友, 绸缎娃娃, 那么, 坐A线火车, T在这里 Will Never Be Another You
Please plan to play the head and walk changes (music will be provided by the bass teacher upon request).
- 吉他Reading music in open position
A piece in any style/genre that demonstrates technical ability